Sunday, July 19, 2009

New York, I Love You

So I live in New York now. I walk 15 blocks each weekday to get to class. The Tisch film school is really great. I love my hilarious teacher and making films (actual 16mm film). Film students are as bad as I originally thought they were, some are really nice and friendly. I drink a ridiculous amount of coffee, which I often brew with my new French press before school. I live in an apartment (albeit, a dorm - but look at the pictures below!). There are movie theaters everywhere. Many that play the types of films I need to wait weeks or months for back at home. The restaurants and food here are amazing. I've been to some great ones (Katz Diner), some decent ones (Curry Row, Sam's Noodle & Galanga (no relation)), some less great ones, some awful ones (NYU dining halls), and some incredibly cheap ones (2 Bros. - a dollar for a slice of pizza!). There is always free, cool stuff happening all the time like outdoor movies, concerts, and other random activities. And perhaps it's the weather, but I've been reading a ton. It also could be because New York has fantastic book stores everywhere.

It really is the perfect city for me. Fun, cheap, cultured, and never boring.

Things to do...
1) Stop calling apartments houses
2) Making food at home, although, eating out is oh-so-good
3) Go out to Brooklyn and see just how trendy those hipsters are in Williamsburg
4) Make good films (a film a week, two this upcomming week!)

No comments:

Followers