Monday, January 21, 2008

A post on my blog, about blogs

You know the terms, “these are my two cents” or “everyone’s a critic”? Well that, in a nutshell, is blogging. There this feeling of being self-righteous when writing a blog. A person who makes a blog must have some need for creating one. Maybe they want to influence people, like those bloggers who only review the latest films. Or perhaps they just feel that their opinions are so important that they just need to tell everyone exactly what they’re thinking. I feel that my reasons might be the combination of the two…Of course I’m going to talk about film, it’s what I love doing, but I’m not going to tell everyone what I think about every film I see (I guess only the significantly good ones or the significantly bad ones). And sure I’ll talk about music, art, books and philosophy because I like those things too. Now that I think of it...I don’t know anything I won’t talk about.

But I think the main reason for writing a blog is just the release of having everything on your mind being written out. You know, just as you would a private diary. There is just too much crap in a person’s head to keep straight and I feel that people can be a lot saner when they write them down. The point of posting them on the Internet is so that people can see how I am doing and how I am feeling. A lot of my friends are scattered across the United States and others now even in different countries and writing this blog can update them on how their Kevin in Santa Barbara is doing.

2 comments:

Tamstar23 said...

Nice comments. I have a blog too but I don't allow myself to get too open on there because if someone really wants to get to know me- they will. You know that!! OK, see you around the house & love you lots cousin.

Claire said...

Kevin, your blog is much more philosophical than mine... mine is like the French version of Mike Birbiglia's, but instead of JC Penny, it will be like, "today I went to the boulangerie (bakery) and ate a baguette," and then you'll say: "a baguette, eh?"

Haha, I am excited to read yours though! You already have more posts than me...

Followers