Friday, April 4, 2008

MOMA/Coney Island/Monk's (Day Six)

Today was a long ass day, but probably one of the best. We did so much. Here we go...

I woke up at 10:00 a.m. and left this place...It's Edgar's house...
Took the metro and met up with everyone at the waterfall...today we're going to the Museum of Modern Art...
But first...Edgar and I had to chow down on some delicious H&H bagels...
Everything bagel with lite lox please...
Then we hit up the MOMA...
Five floors of contemporary art...It was awesome. Everything was completely different from the last time I went there except for the top floor (Van Gogh and Picasso)....Here is some design stuff (for Peter and Cesar) it was pretty cool...
The museum is right in the middle of the city...
Edgar loves his art. He spent more time admiring than anyone of us...

Peter is looking at this massive Jackson Pollack painting...The best part about the MOMA is that it incorporates all kinds of different forms of art including digital media (one of my favorite)


When we were done it was around 2:30 p.m. and Toko was sick and tired of art and museums and women...(there's a good story concerning the last one)
We then took the metro to Coney Island....I don't know what's going on in this picture...
We crossed the Manhattan Bridge...
Edgar took us to this really good Russian restaurant where we had (a lot) of dumplings...it was great. It was in this area called Brighton Beach, which had a huge Russian population....
Edgar was right at home. We got food from vendors and walked around some...
It was FREEZING and this video shows it pretty well...


It was my first time being up close to the Atlantic Ocean so I was stoked...
So was Peter...
We went to theme park but it was closed...
So we took the train back..
Back Uptown (all the way Uptown) to this familiar little restaurant called Tom's...We were all pretty full from the Russian feast so we didn't eat much...
I got soup!
We came home (Edgar's home) and chilled out for a little bit. Toko and I took a nap while Peter watched Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle, and Edgar got rid of his HBO...We then watched Michael Clayton, which I missed last year. It's unbelievable...Watch it if you haven't...

After that we went out for a late night snack. Pizza to be exact. We hung out and talked a lot. Ate delicious pizza.

Now we are just chillin' waiting for the morning. Deciding whether or not to sleep because we want to wake up till 6:00a.m.

Cross our fingers that we get to see one of my heroes!
See ya!

1 comment:

Tamstar23 said...

You look so cold in the ocean picture!! See you soon..tomorrow cousin!!

Followers