
I feel like I've become more sentimental as I get older. I don't know why, but certain things just make me feel sad and eye-watery. I don't think it's a bad thing. It's just interesting and strange and new.
Songs:
"Pale Blue Eyes" by The Velvet Underground
"A Change is Gonna Come" by Otis Redding
"Lazer Beam" by Low
"The Whole of the Law" by Yo La Tengo
"(David Bowie I Love You) Since I Was Six" by The Brian Jonestown Massacre
Movies:
Tokyo Story
Ikiru
Casablanca
The Lion King
Bambi
The Rugrats Movie
Anything by Charlie Chaplin, but especially City Lights
Books:
The Heart is Lonely Hunter
100 Years of Solitude
Catcher in the Rye
What makes your eyes water?

2 comments:
ha... everything. you know me.
but especially the following books:
Where the Red Fern Grows (good lord)
The Heart is a Lonely Hunter (definitely)
The Women of Brewster Place (just read this... it's amaaaazing)
The Bluest Eye
The God of Small Things
Atonement
Movies:
Harold and Maude
The Diving Bell and the Butterfly
American Beauty
Millions
In the Mood for Love
... basically all of my favorite movies (even if they aren't sad per se)
Having a good friend 3000000 miles away. Wah
Post a Comment