Thursday, January 15, 2009

MOMA & Carnigie Deli

Day #4 -

Hello there! It's getting rather cold out here in the Big Apple. It's suppose to snow tonight, but so far...no such luck.

Today, we woke up quite late. Could the fact that we went to bed at 6AM playing video games and eating bagels have anything to do with it? Perhaps...

Here is me with bed head, checking my mail.
Today was rather an eventful day however. We went to the Museum of Modern Art. This is by far my favorite of the art museums in NYC. It's always adding new addition of contemporary art of various forms (my favorite is their new media stuff), while keeping masterpieces by artist like Monet, Pollack, Dali, and Van Gogh.

We walked in and saw this huge video installment, projected onto three gigantic walls. It was weird stuff, but cool and relaxing. You got to lay down on the huge sofa.
The special exhibition going on right now is Marlene Dumas. Really interesting stuff. Morbid, erotic, powerful.
When MOMA kicked us out, it was just about dinner time. I was really hungry.
Edgar and I had a little bet. I thought the deli was on 5th street, Edgar said it was 7th. I don't know why I thought I was right, because I lost the bet.
Carnegie Deli. If you wanted a heart attack, I suggest you come here.

Edgar introduced me to some Russian culture. This pink, Pepto Bismol stuff that Edgar is enjoying is called Borsch. It's a tradition Russian soup that is delightful. It contains beets.
We shared that. Then we shared this monster called "The Woody Allen" which consists of lotsa pastrami and lotsa cornbeef.
Then to burn some calories, we walked back to the apartment taking Central Park. I never been there at night before, but it's equally as nice. It was freezing as we sipped our hot coffee and talked.
We played videogames, drank hot chocolate, I frolicked with Sofie, listened to some Stanford radio.
We're on a pretty awful sleeping schedule at the moment. But maybe the fact that it's suppose to snow tomorrow will make me wake up early and enjoy it before it melts away.

Tomorrow = Pudding, and hopefully, Mike Birbiglia

Keep commenting.

1 comment:

Claire said...

Borscht is the bomb (you know me and my passion for beets...). And thanks for tuning in last night- you guys are the best. So what's this about Mike Birbiggs? And pudding?

Followers