Day #2-

This morning I awoke to the sound of taxi horns and the loud vibrations of semi-trucks. Unpleasant sounds that pleasantly woke me at 9AM. It was one of the most productive mornings I've ever had. I got the chance to write in my journal and work on my college apps. It's great because I promised myself that I would get work done here, knowing that I would break it. But by the time Edgar and Isy was awake, I was done with everything, reading my
book. Freakin' reading!

We had coffee at the apartment and then went to breakfast at H&H. I know I brag about this place often, saying how delicious it is, but it really is that amazing. Every time I come out of there I am content and satisfied.
Anyway, the three of us were joyful walking through an icy Central Park...

Isy was particularly merry...

And so we went to the greatest museums in the world - The Natural History Museum.

This place is incredible. Hands down the coolest place in New York. Nothing changes there. It's blissful. You can go there a million times and still fun and interesting.

Well then my camera died. Which sucked because we were about to go to a place where I would have took a ton of pictures.
The Brooklyn Bridge:
.jpg)
Luckily, Edgar has an iPhone and took a bunch of photos. Look I got a new beanie! for 2 bucks!
.jpg)
It was Isy's first time on the bridge and I think she really liked it. It was the perfect time of day to go, just minutes before the sun went down. You can see all of the Eastside from above the East River.
.jpg)
But we were tired and needed to pee, so we went home.
.jpg)
We came home. Read. Ate dinner. Played Call of Duty 4. Watched Tv.

Which all doesn't sound too excing, but it's really nice not having anything to worry about. Without work or school. Just relaxing in a nice, warm apartment in good company. It's something I'm in dire need of.
Anyway, I really have no idea what we're doing tomorrow. Except that, at some point, we're suppose to go this bookstore Isy's been dying to see called Strand. So there's that...
Thanks for reading...keep commenting.
3 comments:
ah, I've been to The Strand- it's delightful! Go down into the crazy basement for some sweet deals on highly esoteric books...
I got the complete collection of Flannery O'Connor and a biography on Fellini for less than 20 bucks!
Thats a good beanie you got there. The picture under that one of you looks good- all joyful!! Glad that you're totally enjoying the time over there- you deserved it!! Oh yeah, eat lots for me- food does a body good!! OK, talk to you soon.
Post a Comment