Sunday, April 5, 2009

The Weekend Closes the Spring Break


The weekend started early this week. I left Santa Barbara Thursday evening and saw comedian Mike Birbiglia perform at Chapman University. He was hilarious, although I was slightly annoyed by the Chapman audience/students. I'm a big fan of his comedy and he did some new material I haven't heard before. He also ripped on my very own friend, Cesar, for wearing a white bandanna (the kind he always wears) and said that he [Cesar] was in the Klu Klux Klan. Maybe Mr. Birbigs has a google alert and reads this post.


Saturday was unbelievable and was probably the longest day of my life. Ricky and I beat Nicky and Mooky - 2 out of 3 games - in beach volleyball. Went to a birthday party and was awkward because I didn't even know the person whose birthday it was...or anyone at the party except for the people I came with. I saw Ratatat at the Hollywood Palladium, who were insanely good, with my friends and the random birthday celebrators. Unfortunately, rumors of Animal Collective opening proved to be false. Got a ride in a HUGE freakin' limo to and from the concert, which was surprisingly awesome. Happy Birthday Mel! I don't even know who you are.


And somewhere in the middle of all this - I had the most important interview of my immediate life, got lost in Bel Air, was almost late, had a heart attack, was nauseous, ran through a red light, and was on the brink of a nervous break down.

Now that it's Sunday and I'm about to return to school after a long week of spring break, I am cleaning my room, doing laundry, and recharging the batteries.

3 comments:

Claire said...

birbibliography!!! i wish i could have gone.

Luna said...

Write more! Write more!

Tamstar said...

YEAH! And you're alive & well.

Followers